- Home »
- 2014 Shouts »
- Launched to a report that a surfer was in trouble off Constitution Hill and was being swept north
- Launch date: Mon 14 Jul 14
- Time Launched: 19:15
- Crew: Alex Harris
- Cause of Service: Person in distress
- Sea State: Moderate
- Wind Force: 4
- Wind Direction: South-southwest
- Casualty Type: Persons in the Sea
- Visibility: POOR
- Return Date: Mon 14 Jul
- Time returned: 21:15
- Lifeboat: Spirit of Friendship
- Tractor: Talus MBH
- Tractor Crew: Paul McCann
Launched to a report that a surfer was in trouble off Constitution Hill and was being swept north
Aberystwyth Lifeboat was launched to a report that a surfer was in trouble off Constitution Hill and was being swept north towards Clarach.
Aberystwyth Lifeboat along with Borth ILB (Inshore Lifeboat) spent two hours searching between Constitution Hill and Borth Head in worsening weather conditions.
On receipt of new information that a Paddle Boarder had paddled between Aberystwyth and Borth and was safety ashore, the Coastguard asked that both lifeboats were stood down and returned back to their respective stations to be ready for service again.